What is Carbon Monoxide?
Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless gas that is extremely poisonous and can kill within minutes. In the US each year, nearly 500 die while as many as 20,000 visit emergency rooms for exposure primarily from poorly-maintained heating systems or gas stoves and gas-powered generators used for heat or power during storms.(cdc)
Texas recently had a horrible snow storm like no other before, it was in my opinion something I thought only happened in places like Colorado, Chicago and Alaska. But when it came it took us all by surprise because the first couple of days we were excited to see the snow because we don’t get snow that often. I think when it didn’t stop snowing and the electricity went out that’s when the problems started, no one was really prepared for what would come next. It came and it took a lot of lives and it wasn’t the snow are the storm that killed them. It was the “Quiet Killer”.
for more information about carbon monoxide the “Quiet Killer” and how to prevent this from happening to you Visit the cdc website https://www.cdc.gov/cdctv/environmentalhealth/quiet-killer-carbon-monoxide.html